Since Operation Bearhug, which sent Northwest members on evangelistic journeys to the former Soviet Union in the 1990s, the North Pacific Union Conference (NPUC) has made international outreach a priority.
In the linked articles below, you will see how Northwest academy youth have embraced the missionary spirit this year, with spring break projects ranging from Belize to Zambia.
A March 22–29 NPUC-sponsored project brought 36 individuals, including students from Portland Adventist Academy, Upper Columbia Academy and SOULS Northwest, to the Peruvian city of Tarapoto. They presented evangelistic meetings each evening at 22 different locations, joining with more than 560 others across the entire Northeastern Peru Mission.
Read the expanded stories and photo galleries from other trips:
- PAA Students Sail and Serve Bahamas
- Auburn Adventist Academy Students Serve in Belize
- Laboring in Ladyville
- CCA and Wenatchee Church Hold Belize Mission Trip
- UCA Students Spend Spring Break in Zambia
- The Lesson of Latvia
- Rogue Valley Students and the City by the Bay
- Palisades Christian Academy Maranatha Mission to Panama
- A Tale of Two Missions