Restructuring to Achieve Better Systems of Care
Health care reform, industry changes and market trends present enormous opportunities for Adventist Health to create better systems of care for the communities it serves. Senior leaders (depicted below) are reshaping Adventist Health into one of the most significant systems on the West Coast.
During the past few years, Adventist Health has deployed a comprehensive strategy designed to keep the organization competitive while growing and thriving in the future. Historically, Adventist Health has been a hospital-centered organization; however, it is creating closer working relationships among hospitals, physicians, clinics, home-care agencies and other business units.
Adventist Health now will be comprised of four geographic regions to create more streamlined infrastructure for the large, multidivision, geographically distributed system:
- Northern California Region: Jeff Eller, president and CEO
- Central California Region: Wayne Ferch, president and CEO
- Southern California Region: Beth Zachary, president and CEO
- Northwest Region: Joyce Newmyer, president and CEO
- Adventist Medical Center – Portland
- Tillamook Regional Medical Center
- Walla Walla General Hospital
- 40 medical clinics
- 7 rural health clinics
- 4 home-care agencies
- 2 hospice agencies
- 2 joint-venture retirement centers
While change is constant in today’s health care landscape, three things remain the same at Adventist Health: our mission, vision and values. At the core of these three organizational cornerstones is to share God’s love with the same compassion Jesus demonstrated throughout His ministry on Earth.