Thank you for participating in this year's Images of Creation Photo Contest. The final Photo of the Week selection will be released by mid-January 2019.
The Gleaner 2019 Images of Creation photo contest is officially open for photo submissions. Each year the Gleaner selects images of creation to print on the inside front cover of the magazine as well as one Photo of the Week for the website and social media. So look through your images and submit them using one of the three options listed below.
The Gleaner 2019 Images of Creation nature photo contest rules:
Vertical photos (up to 15 digital entries) may be submitted for consideration to be featured on page two of the Gleaner magazine. Winning entries for the print edition of the Gleaner will receive $250 per photo. Each winning photo will also appear online within the corresponding archived issue of the magazine and in an online Gleaner gallery. They may also be included in Gleaner social media posts along with protective watermarks.
Horizontal photos (up to 15 digital entries) may be submitted for consideration to be featured on GleanerNow.com as Photo of the Week. The photographer’s name and a link to his/her website (optional) will be displayed with the Photo of the Week. The winning photos will also be featured in an online Gleaner gallery and may be included in Gleaner social media posts along with protective watermarks. Any horizontal photos submitted may also be included in a preliminary web-based gallery to allow individuals to go online between Nov. 30–Dec. 17, 2018, to vote for favorite images as part of the selection process for Photo of the Week. Those images will also include protective watermarks.
Specific rules and tips:
- Only images of nature scenes taken within the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington will be considered.
- Winning entries from past years are no longer eligible for submission. No more than two photos from any one photographer will be selected as winners for the print edition of the Gleaner.
- Photos should be at least 2000px by 2600px and approximately 2MB or larger.
- Winning photos will be tack sharp in resolution with little noticeable grain.
- Photos should be submitted as JPG or TIFF files.
- All entries must be in high resolution digital format. Slides or prints will not be accepted.
- Photos that include people as subjects or photos with man-made objects, will not generally be accepted.
- Black and white photos will not be considered.
- Photos with obvious or unnatural appearing HDR edits of contrast and colors will not be considered.
- All entries should include the following information: full name, email address, website (optional), phone number, mailing address, each photo’s file name, corresponding photo caption/title and photo location.
Entries may be submitted in the following three ways:
- Directly online at the Gleaner Photo Contest page.
- Via CD/DVD. The disk should be clearly labeled with "2019 Images of Creation Photo Contest" and the photographer’s name. Mail or deliver it to 5709 N. 20th St., Ridgefield, WA 98642. Disks will be destroyed once the contest is complete unless a return is specifically requested.
- Via Dropbox; submitting a Dropbox link via the submission form.
From all photos submitted by the deadline, Gleaner staff will select a preliminary pool of approximately 200–300 photos for formal consideration. Horizontal photos in that preliminary group will be placed in a temporary web-based gallery to allow online voting for Photo of the Week finalists. Final selection of both vertical and horizontal image winners will be at the discretion of the Gleaner staff.
The deadline for entries is 5 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018.
Voting will begin Nov. 30, ending on Dec. 17, 2018.