Yaak Church Reopens
The Yaak (Mont.) Church held a service on March 21 for the first time in about four years. The church was built by men from the Carl Cummings Mill in the early 1950s. Some of those included Herb Chandler, Alan McCoy, Ed Kendall and Mel Duncan. The church continued to function until 2001. There were 30 or more members at that time. One of those members was Gary Harding. He was baptized in the Yaak River in September 1951 and met his wife, Ouida, in this small church.
Ouida Harding led Sabbath School and Gary delivered the sermon for the March gathering. Reuben Kneller, who also attended the Yaak Church many years ago, and about 20 others were also present. There have been sporadic services over the years, and the doors of the church have never been locked.
Going forward, those present would like to meet every third Sabbath starting at 10 a.m. during the spring, summer and fall. Any questions can be addressed to Gary Harding, 406-295-4077, or Shelley Zurcher, 406-295-0706.