Bible Facts and Quiz
• According to Wycliffe International, the Society of Gideons and the International Bible Society, the number of new Bibles that are sold, given away or otherwise distributed in the United States is about 168,000 per day.
• A Bible in the University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany, is written on 2,400 palm leaves.
• The Bible has been translated into more than 1,200 languages.
• The Hebrew Old Testament includes the same books as our English Old Testament, but in a different order.
• The longest word in the Bible is Mahershalalhashbaz. (See Isaiah 8:1, 3)
• The word “eternity” appears only once in the Bible. (See Isaiah 57:15)
• The word “grandmother” appears only once in the Bible. (See 2 Timothy 1:5)
• There are 929 chapters, 23,114 verses, and 592,439 words in the King James Version of the Old Testament.
• There are 260 chapters, 7,957 verses, and 181,253 words in the King James Version of the New Testament.
• Paul wrote 14 books in the New Testament which is more than half the books.
1. What is the middle book of the Old Testament?
2. What is the middle book of the New Testament?
3. The middle verse of the Bible is: “It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.” Where is it found?
4. What birds did a Navy bring to Solomon?
5. About what bird does the Bible say, “ … the fir trees are her house.”
6. Who is mentioned as the queen of Ethiopia?
7. What queen forged her husband’s signature?
8. Who hid 100 prophets in a cave?
9. What was Joseph’s Egyptian name?
10. Which book of the Bible does not mention God?
2. 2 Thessalonians
3. Psalm 118:8
4. Peacocks (See 1 Kings 10:22 KJV)
5. Stork (See Psalm 104:17)
6. Candace (See Acts 8:27)
7. Jezebel (See 1 Kings 21:7,8)
8. Obadiah (See 1 Kings 18:3,4)
9. Zaphnathpaaneah (See Genesis 41: 45 KJV)
Sources: Bibleinfo.com and other Web sites. Browse for "Bible Facts" on the Internet.