Did You Know
• The human stomach needs to make a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will digest itself.
• A study of the Adventist lifestyle reveals that Adventists exercise an average of 50 percent more than their neighbors.
• According to a new study, people who said they had more positive views about aging lived an average of 7.6 years longer than those with negative views.
• A recent study found that people who drink more than five glasses of water each day are less likely to die from a heart attack than those who drink fewer than two glasses per day.
A Hundred Years Ago…
• Ninety percent of US physicians had no college education. They attended medical schools, many of which were condemned in the press and government.
• Marijuana, heroin, and morphine were all available over the counter at corner drugstores.
Sources: American Journal of Epidemiology; Journal of Adventist Education; compiled sources