Gem State Adventist Academy Survey Results
Throughout 2018–2019 Gem State Adventist Academy has been diligently working on a strategic plan to improve and prepare the school for the future. Part of that process was to collect information from key stakeholders, such as students, parents, alumni, pastors, the board, faculty and constituents. A consultant was asked to facilitate the process, which included:
- Review of the mission, vision and values statements;
- Identifying and understanding key stakeholders;
- Understanding and prioritizing the schools strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT);
- Formal surveys of students, parents, constituents and alumni;
- Combining all this information and developing a five-year plan.
Many of you have been a part of this process in some way. Your input has been invaluable as the board, administration and faculty plan for the future. We can’t thank you enough. It is evident you love this school just as much as we do.
Key Survey Findings:
- 315 total responses were received.
- 42 pages of written comments were submitted.
- Overwhelmingly, respondents believe Adventist education is very important.
- Respondents strongly believe Adventist education is worth the investment, however expensive.
- Faculty and staff are highly appreciated and considered GSAA’s greatest asset.
- Most feel GSAA has caring Christian staff and a family atmosphere for spiritual development.
- Respondents felt excellent academics and a positive spiritual environment should be the highest priorities.
Opportunities for Growth Identified:
- Respondents felt more maintenance and facility upgrades are needed.
- Respondents want more focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) in academics.
- Respondents want to see more marketing and recruiting to grow enrollment.
- Constituents need more regular communication.
- Respondents want to see more options for keeping tuition affordable.
View the full survey results at www.gemstate.org/survey. Contact Marvin Thorman, GSAA principal, at 208-459-1627 if you have further questions or comments.