Don and Jeanne Morris were married Aug. 8, 1948, in Pendleton, Ore., where they met. Don is from Illinois, and Jeanne is from North Dakota. They are members and have been active in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Don became a registered X-ray technician in 1950, and in 1952 Uncle Sam called him. He spent two years in the Army stationed in Germany.
Jeanne spent two years at Harris Pine Mills in Pendleton as head payroll clerk. When Don returned from Germany, they moved to Pasco, Wash., where he worked in Lady of Lourdes Hospital and Jeanne worked for Dr. Patchett’s eye clinic.
The Morrises had two children: Linda was born in Richland and Brian in Pasco.
In 1965, they moved to Ritzville and worked for Dr. Smick. In 1966, they moved to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and purchased Pinewood Manor. Then in 1968 they bought and built LaCrosse Convalescent Center. In 1972, they built and ran the first large retirement place in Coeur d’Alene, now called Bestland.
Don and Jeanne retired in the 1990s and did some extensive traveling local and abroad. Don loves his banjo and guitar, while Jeanne loves to crochet and cook.
They lost their beloved daughter, Linda, in 2006. Their son Brian and his wife, Darina, live in Coeur d’Alene. They also have 9 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.