The Gleaner 2017 Images of Creation photo contest is back and we need your photos. Each year the Gleaner selects images of creation to run on the inside front cover of the magazine as well as one Photo of the Week for the website and social media. So look through your images and submit them using the form below.
The Gleaner 2017 Images of Creation nature photo contest rules:
Vertical photos (up to 15 digital entries) may be submitted for consideration to be featured on page two of the Gleaner magazine. Winning entries for the print edition of the Gleaner will receive $200 per photo. Each winning photo will also appear online within the corresponding archived issue of the magazine and in an online Gleaner gallery. They may also be included in Gleaner social media posts along with protective watermarks.
Horizontal photos (up to 15 digital entries) may be submitted for consideration to be featured on the GleanerNow.com as Photo of the Week. The photographer’s name and a link to his/her website (optional) will be displayed with the Photo of the Week. The winning photos will also be featured in an online Gleaner gallery and may be included in Gleaner social media posts along with protective watermarks. Any horizontal photo submitted may also be included in a preliminary web-based gallery to allow individuals to go online between Nov. 23–Dec. 13 to vote for favorite images as part of the selection process for Photo of the Week. Those images will also include protective watermarks.
- Only images of nature scenes taken within the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington will be considered.
- Winning entries from past years are no longer eligible for submission. No more than three photos from any one photographer will selected as winners for the print edition of the Gleaner.
- Photos should be at least 2000px by 2600px and approximately 2MB or larger. Winning photos will be tack sharp in resolution with little noticeable grain.
- Photos should be submitted as JPG or TIFF files.
- All entries must be in high resolution digital format. Slides or prints will not be accepted. Professionally scanned digital files from slide originals may be considered.
- Include with your entries the following information: full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, website (optional), each photo’s file name, corresponding photo title and photo location.
- We do not generally accept photos that include people as subjects
Entries may be submitted in the following three ways:
- Directly online at the Gleaner Photo Contest page.
- Via CD/DVD. The disk should be clearly labeled with "2017 Images of Creation Photo Contest" and the photographer’s name. Mail or deliver it to 5709 N. 20th St., Ridgefield, WA 98642. Disks will be destroyed once the contest is complete unless indicated they should be returned.
- Via Dropbox; submitting a Dropbox link via the submission form.
From all photos submitted by the deadline, Gleaner staff will select a preliminary pool of approximately 200–300 photos for formal consideration. Horizontal photos in that preliminary group will be placed in a temporary web-based gallery to allow online voting for Photo of the Week finalists. Final selection of both vertical and horizontal image winners will be at the discretion of the Gleaner staff.
The deadline for entries is 5 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016.
Voting will being Nov. 23., ending on Dec. 13.