CCA Makes a Difference in Wenatchee
Cascade Christian Academy (CCA) in Wenatchee, Wash., participated in Make a Difference Day on Oct. 26, 2017, with projects for all of their students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
Some of the projects they were involved in included:
- Volunteer chore services with home and yard projects for disabled/senior adults;
- Light house cleanup;
- "Sleep Tight" project to make fleece blankets for foster/shelter children;
- Singing for elderly people;
- Making Christmas stockings for foster children through CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates);
- Camp Zanika fall cleanup.
CCA was awarded a $200 grant toward blankets and Christmas stocking materials for 2017 Make a Difference Day. This grant was made possible through USA Weekend Magazine prizes from the Gannett Foundation, now managed by the Community Foundation of Northern Central Washington.
CCA is a kindergarten through 12th-grade Seventh-day Adventist school that focuses on educating their kids to love, do the right thing in all circumstances, forgive and live in peace, and bring their best to everything they do.