Oregon Conference Strategic Initiatives
In addition to continuing goals initiated in 2001, Don Livesay, Oregon Conference president, outlined the following new initiatives for the next four years.
• Reaching the greater Portland area with training, community connections and reaping events
• Exploration of church plants in West Linn/Lake Oswego, King City, Sherwood and North Salem
• Pilot project with Walla Walla College to positively connect recent graduates with a local church
• Increase member understanding of the role of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in history, including Ellen G. White, the remnant concept, the Sabbath and the Apocalypse
• Defining effective and efficient ways to address local church needs
• Defining long-term education strategies
Questions or comments about these initiatives or the 2005 constituency session can be directed to the office of Al Reimche by calling (503) 652-2225, ext. 440, or e-mailing email@example.com.