Portland Adventist Academy News Notes
• Since 1997, PAA has awarded $1,425,000.00 in personal scholarships to help students needing financial assistance.
• For the student week of prayer, student speakers shared experiences from their personal walk with the Lord. They can be booked for speaking appointments in churches by contacting chaplain Les Zollbrecht at (503) 255-8372.
• Of the 30 students studying for baptism, Brittany Martin and Svetlana Danilich have already been baptized. More students are planning for baptism.
• More than 50 percent of the seniors who took the national ACT test in the fall scored in the 80th percentile or above.
• In January Ellen Cockerham, junior at PAA, played in the Bach “Concerto for Three Violins” with the Portland Chamber Orchestra at Reed College. The trio was also featured on the KATU television program “AM Northwest.”
• Chris Spellin, sophomore, sang the national anthem for a Portland Trailblazers game.
• Tyson Haynes on the alto saxophone and pianist Ronnie Davie took first place in a local solo competition which qualified them for the State Solo and Ensemble competition.
• The PAA Drama Club has been presenting a dramatic production of C.S. Lewis’ “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” at several Adventist elementary schools and is available for performances elsewhere. •