The delegates on these pages represent those individuals or positions designated as of the press time for this issue of the GLEANER.
Article VII of the North Pacific Union Conference constituency session points out that the voting delegates at any regular or special constituency meeting of this union shall be:
a. Appointed delegates which shall represent the local conferences within the NPUC territory. Each local conference shall be entitled to three delegates without regard to conference membership and one additional delegate for each 400 church members or major fraction thereof, based on its membership on the last day of the third full calendar quarter preceding the constituency meeting. Not less than 50 percent of the delegates in this category shall be individuals other than active or retired church pastors, officers, department directors, associate or assistant department directors of General Conference, division, union, or local conferences. Delegates shall be selected in a manner determined by each local conference executive committee unless otherwise specified by the local conference constitution.
b. The following ex-officio and other delegates.
(1) The individual members of the Executive Committee of this union.
(2) The individual members of the General Conference Executive Committee who may be present at any constituency meeting of this union. The number of such delegates representing the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists shall not exceed 5 percent of the total number of appointed delegates provided for hereinabove in Section 2.a. of Article VIII.
(3) The Vice President for Academic Affairs, the chairman of the School of Theology of Walla Walla University, plus three additional delegates selected by and representing the faculty and staff of Walla Walla University, and two additional delegates selected by and representing the students of Walla Walla University. The student delegates shall hold membership in one of the churches within this territory.
(4) Two employees of Adventist Health, chosen by its governing board. At least one of these individuals shall be the president of a hospital within this Union territory.
(5) Two employees of Pacific Press Publishing Association, chosen by its governing board.
(6) The members of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee of this union.
(7) The directors of all recognized departments of this union, as determined by the Executive Committee of this union conference.
(8) Such other persons as may be selected by the Union Conference Executive Committee, including officers of the North Pacific Union Conference Association of Seventh-day Adventists. The total number of delegates from this category shall not exceed 5 percent of the total number of appointed delegates provided for herein above in Section 2.a. of Article VIII.